Aside from this blog, which really is the best email marketing resource out there, here are some other places where you can learn more about email marketing.
- Intro to Email Marketing – This is the class I teach monthly at General Assembly. If you’re in NYC and new to email marketing, sign up and spend two hours listening to me talk about email. (if you’re not in NYC and would like me to visit you and teach it, or do an online version – email me.)
- CAN-SPAM: A handy reference that outlines the rules of CAN-SPAM
- Only Influencers: Online community for email marketers – has free weekly newsletter with helpful articles and job postings, and a paid membership with access to the most influential email marketers around
- Litmus: Great online community, amazing blog, rendering testing tools, newsletters, email building tools – this company is every email marketer’s BFF. I haven’t been to their conference yet, but they’ve had email nerd speed dating events in the past, so yeah.
- ReturnPath: Deliverability experts.
- Common Spam Trigger words: Words to avoid in your email marketing to stay out of spam filters.
- Email Marketing Dictionary: Commonly used terms in the email world.
- MediaPost Email Marketing Daily: Articles about email marketing. They also put on several email marketing conferences a year, that often involve hot tubs and 4 cocktail parties a day, so there’s that.
- Who you should follow on Twitter in Email Marketing: Email marketers tweet alllllll the time. Here’s a list of the best email marketers on Twitter, in what I can only assume is in order of importance.
- Subject Line Gold: Test your subject line instantly, before you actually send your email.
- The Email Experience Council: All kinds of great resources.
There are millions of other resources out there, and I’ll be updating this page as I find more that I like and use frequently. What am I missing? Please comment below and let me know!